Friday, May 14, 2010

A few RANDOM Thoughts

Next week I'm hoping to get some GUEST BLOGGERS to post on Fridays. If you have any insight or stories ANYTHING about being a mom, knowing a mom, having a mom, please share and send your blog to livinginthemotherhood@gmail.com. I am a professionally trained teacher and I do NOT want to hear myself write all the time--I want to hear YOUR voice. My dear aunt called last night wondering if this blog is just for new mothers or if she could contribute as well--ABSOLUTELY! It is for mothers of all walks of life!

Sorry for the EXCITED YELLING!

Another thing, This week my daughter took her first steps at 9 months. My heart burst with joy as she took these first few steps. Later on I thought about all the happy things in my life and realized sitting on the kitchen floor knee to knee with my husband with our daughter taking steps between us topped them all. I love to watch her grow and develop and change into this little person.

What has your child done to cause you pure JOY?

Recently I was talking to a friend of mine who has decided to pretty much uproot her life and move because of a potential, but very real danger one of the children is facing. She said that it may very well break her family financially but they have to protect the child. I want to be that mom. To sacrifice everything because of potential danger, no matter the temporal risk involved for the sake of one precious, loved child.

Just a reminder: Monday starts our series of Mommy Profiles! I have selected an absolutely amazing, beautiful mommy and you will not want to miss hearing about her!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this new blog Melissa, and looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete